It’s a new year and I’m going to blog. I think… No I am. I’m doing it. I’ve actually committed for at least 52 weeks. I have been thinking bout this for over a year now and it’s time to commit.
I have enjoyed sticking with a few blogs over the last couple of years and seeing them grow. Watching them redesign or not. Enjoying a regular dose of solid design. So I’d like to contribute. I believe I have something worth saying. I also believe that putting words to my thoughts does two things. One, it clarifies what’s rattling around in my head—it gives my thoughts structure. Two, it keeps them accountable. By putting them out there onto the internets, I am putting myself out there; out there to be analyzed, or not; out there to be critiqued and hopefully countered.
So here goes…
I am aiming to contribute to the larger design dialogue that is out there. I will blog by these few rules:
- I will make sure that it is clear where facts end and my opinions start. I am an opinionated person, so that is a must. Help me do that.
- I desire discussion. I hope at some point people read this. If not, it will simply serve as a place to organize my thoughts—but dialogue is good, it produces fortitude in one's thoughts.
- I will give credit where credit is due.
- I am a partner at a design firm, Bright Yellow Jacket, yet this is not meant to be a marketing tool.
- I believe in the power of design. Design structures and presents communication. With good design comes good communication. I will promote design and it’s benefits throughout this blog. I hope that through this blog, readers will gain a better understanding of design, it’s ins and outs etc.
Regarding the content of this blog: I think that will develop over time. I hope it becomes a content driven site, that is a resource for the people of design, design news, design dialogue. It should be opinionated and it should be engaging. Here’s for hoping. Please feel free to comment, as I said, I want this to be dialogue. I look forward to the conversation.